8 Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Course (SAF-202)
Why take the 8 Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher course?
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker and supervisor are required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides eight hours towards the satisfaction of the supervisor requirement.
To renew the Site Safety Manager license you need to take this NYC DOB approved 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Training course. This course can also be used to renew the Site Safety Coordinator certificate and the Construction Superintendent registration. This course is a comprehensive review of Chapter 33 and the rules of the New York City related to site safety, including public safety. This 8-hour training course can also be used as part of the Supervisor SST Card training and is included in our 32 Hour Supervisor SST Package.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Compare roles and responsibilities NYC DOB licensed site safety professionals
- Identify safety procedures to protect employees, public and property during construction and demolition operations in New York City
- Differentiate between OSHA standards and New York City DOB Chapter 33 regulations
- Review safety plans for minimum requirements
- Understand how to use tools safely on the jobsite
- Spot safety violations on the jobsite