4 Hour Supported Scaffold User and Refresher Site Safety Training Course (SCA-201)
By completing this course you will get the official DOB approved Scaffold Card
Why take the 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher course?
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker and supervisor are required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides four hours towards the satisfaction of the supervisor requirement.
Supported scaffold user training and refresher training program provides a basic explanation of supported scaffolds and supported scaffold components. The course will introduce the elements of supported scaffold safety and common supported scaffolds hazards while placing an emphasis on hazard reduction and prevention which includes fall protection, scaffold inspections, hazard recognition, and responding appropriately to emergency situations.
At the end of the course, following a successful completion of the test, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion and will receive the Scaffold User Card that is a requirement to work on a scaffold in NYC
- 100% attendance of the online class and in-person portion of the class is mandatory
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Define terms associated with supported scaffolds
- Explain safety standards associated with supported scaffolds
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of critical personnel when working near or on supported scaffolding
- Identify typical hazards associated with supported scaffolds and list steps to avoid such hazards
- Describe common hazard controls associated with supported scaffolds