1 Hour Ergonomics Site Safety Training Course (SST-B206)
Why take the 1 Hour Ergonomics SST course?
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker or supervisor is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training, and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides one hour towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
The purpose of ergonomics is to ensure workers’ safety, comfortability, and productivity, as well as to reduce their exposure to risks that lead to work related musculoskeletal disorders, or WMSDs. Work related musculoskeletal disorders are the main cause of workers’ disabilities in general. The number of back injuries, for example, in the US construction industry is 50% higher than the average in all other industries in the US. Other most commonly reported injuries are: shoulder, neck, arms, and hands injuries. Injuries caused by handling tools and materials account for 32% of workers’ compensation claims.
In this 1 Hour Ergonomics online course, you will learn how applying ergonomics to redesigning tools, equipment, materials, and work processes, can prevent injuries and increase productivity.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Define ergonomics
- Define and explain the term musculoskeletal disorder (MSD)
- Identify the risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders
- Identify solutions to prevent or minimize musculoskeletal disorders