1 Hour Asbestos & Lead Awareness Site Safety Training Course
Why take the 1 Hour Asbestos & Lead Awareness course?
In this 1-Hour Asbestos and Lead Awareness (SST-B201) course, trainees will become generally familiar with the health effects of asbestos and lead in the workplace. They will be able to recognize places and locations where asbestos and lead containing materials may be found in the construction industry as well as be able to avoid health hazards associated with asbestos and lead. Trainees should become aware of administrative safety requirements associated with asbestos and lead in the workplace. This course is designed for Site Safety Training (SST) credit for NYC DOB Local Law 196 requirements.
This course counts towards the 62 Hour Supervisor SST card.
This course is actively proctored through facial biometric recognition that satisfies the requirements of the Local Law 196.
- 100% attendance of the class is mandatory
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the historic uses of asbestos and lead
- Explain the potential health hazards from exposure to asbestos and lead containing materials
- List the steps to take when encountering asbestos containing materials (ACM) and lead-based paint (LBP) on the worksite